[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed May 21 01:51:23 PDT 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014, Dave McGuire wrote:

I didn't know it was /that/ old!   I thought it was a newer box just with
an 11/03 in it!

Seriously.   Those boxes were sold as 11/03s.

Oops.   Well, now I know what happens when you put a   VAX in one.

To be honest...the linear supply should've given it away.

Yes.

Now...I DO need a Q22 box.   That leaves me a custom-made BA23 enclosure
or a BA123.

Well, there are also 3U BA11 Qbus chassis with 22-bit backplanes.   And
18-bit ones...which you can turn into 22-bit ones. ;)   My first
MicroVAX-I ran in one of those, back in the 1980s.

I don't have one of those or the spare money for one. ;)

If the MicroPDP-11/73 front panel included an LTC I would be set to get RSX-11M+ up with 1M of RAM TONIGHT.   I don't have a dedicated clock device. :(

Only the 8186, DLV11-J, weird floppy controller thing, SCSI controller, DZQ11, DEQNA/DELQA and a PMI memory baord.   None of those have an LTC. :(

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects