[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue May 20 18:59:08 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 19:47, Cory Smelosky wrote:
Well, I'm just not having ANY luck with this...

VMR @SYSVMR
VMR -- *DIAG*-Partition reduced to executive common size
INS EXCOM1
VMR -- *DIAG*-Partition reduced to executive common size
INS EXCOM2
VMR -- *DIAG*-Loadable driver larger than 4K
LOA TT:
VMR -- *DIAG*-Installed tasks may no longer fit in partition
SET /TOP=DRVPAR:-*
POOL=1200:9644.:09644.

(That bit is understandable. I must've configured it too big!)

They are diagnostic messages, and many times totally expected and normal. The TT: driver is definitely expected. (I would be very worried if you did not get that one.)
Same with the DRVPAR shrinking. It's a warning that is not important here, as you do not use DRVPAR for dynamic tasks anyway.

The EXCOMn partitions are an 11M thing, but as far as I can remember they are also totally expected.

boo [1,54]rsx11m

SYSTEM CRASH AT LOCATION 014402

REGISTERS

  R0=000002 R1=120550 R2=000000 R3=120546

  R4=120744 R5=031610 SP=117772 PS=020010

SYSTEM STACK DUMP

  LOCATION CONTENTS

    117772     000004

001344

That is a very weird and unexpected stack pointer. RSX normally have the stack in rather low addresses.

Not sure exactly what you configured, but maybe something wrong in all your answers... :-)

After reboot:

boo [1.54]rsx11m
MCR -- Task not in system
ins $boo
boo [1,54]rsx11,\,\m
[no output]

I seem to be TERRIBLE and SYSGEN.

Well, since the initial boot failed, any subsequent boots of that image I would expect to fail equally bad.