[HECnet] RSTS/E under simh

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu May 15 22:56:07 PDT 2014

On 05/15/2014 05:48 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
I need the /physical/ drive size! Different systems give me different
sizes.

This, of course, should not happen.   The host should query the drive
for its size, in blocks...I don't know why a given host OS would give
you different numbers.

It is listed as 2G...the MicroVAX 3100 I wrote it with claims it's ~570M

  If it's an early MicroVAX-3100, and you're frobbing that drive via its
ROM-based monitor, that code is limited to 21-bit block numbers.   Later
machines use 32-bit block numbers.