[HECnet] RSTS/E under simh

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Thu May 15 22:48:40 PDT 2014

El 15/05/2014, a les 23.37, <Paul_Koning at Dell.com> <Paul_Koning at Dell.com> va escriure:

Hm... disks have controller-specific boot blocks, but I thought tapes were universal.   Yes, the code says that showed up in V9.1. So I wonder why it would not work for you.

I'm thinking about a simh bug. SIMH v39 boots from that tape mounting it under tq0:

sim> att tq0 rstse_v10_1_install_sep10_1992.tap
sim> b tq0

Performing limited hardware scan.

RSTS V10.1 (MU0) INIT V10.1-0L

Today's date? 15-MAY-14

Current time? 23:41

Installing RSTS on a new system disk? <Yes>

15-May-14 11:41 PM

Disk?

I know Mark has fiddled a lot with the massbus drivers, so to find the "failed" commit will be a long task. I'm for it anyway... Reporting the bug as i'm writting this.

https://github.com/simh/simh/issues/139

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES