[HECnet] Seems Like there might a consulting Job here for som eone on this list

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Mon Nov 10 18:54:13 PST 2014

I wonder if it is even VMS.   I had to do work for some fine company with a
ticketing monoploy, which used VAXen, but had a custom OS, which tied them
to not only VAX hardware, but a specific model.

The best part was their networking which involved UDP and a custom terminal
application.   To make them secure they used DoD IPs which is great when one
of your other clients is the DoD.

They had never seen PPTP before, and were taken aback when I had their
application running in a new building that day.. And even showed them it
running over a VPN over the internet.   Apparently that was something that
they had been struggling with.   Oh well, 2002 was a million years ago.