[HECnet] ULTRIX on VAX

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Sep 16 06:40:20 PDT 2014

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Ok. Does anyone remember for sure. Is the BA123 3 or 4 slots of Q-CD? If the DHV11 sits in a Q-CD slot, I seem to remember that there are a couple of jumpers that should be different than if it sits in a Q-Q slot.

It's 4.   I have it sitting in a Q/CD as IIRC all my DHV11s are configured to sit happily in a Q/CD slot.

The error you got from moving the DELQA, in combination with how I think I should read your illustration of card locations would suggest that it's 4 Q-CD slots.

Yup.

But all this is very hard to debug remotely like this. I would try removing the DHV11 in order to minimize the components in the system that can create problems. That also means moving the DELQA up to the DHV11 location. It should definitely be on the left side in that case.

I added the DHV11 as I thought it was causing issues...that I think were actually related to misconfigure hosts file.

Do I need a continuity card in the CD slot of the Q/CD or no?   Can never remember the rules on those damn things.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects