[HECnet] time-critical, need RSX sysgen help

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 11 18:41:59 PDT 2015

On 04/11/2015 09:37 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>>    Do you really suspect hardware?  I have an XXDP pack that I can boot
>> up, but I am so short of time...even slogging through the XXDP
>> documentation will take half the night.
>
> It's just that T-bit trap or BPT is not something you'd normally get here.

  I thought that was the case, but I wasn't sure.  BPT is breakpoint
trap, isn't it??

> Are you running the baseline system, or have you done some previous
> SYSGEN? If you run RMD, what can you see sitting in memory?

  I'm running the baseline system.  I am booting the "BL" disk in DL0:,
with "EXCPRV" in DL1:.  I have made three attempts, so there are files
around from previous sysgens, but I answered "Y" when I'm asked if I
want sysgen to clean those up.  I haven't done anything else on these
packs; I created them from disk images this afternoon.

  I have started another attempt; I assume it will crash in the same
manner in a few minutes.  When it does, I will run RMD and let you know
what else is hanging around.

  Thank you for your help Johnny.  I am stressing bigtime about my exhibit.