[HECnet] TOPS-10 KS10 Ethernet Monitor

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun Apr 26 13:06:06 PDT 2015

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm wrote:

> I have very little experience with TOPS-10, and that is only as a user...

Ahh.

> Meanwhile, we removed the DEUNA from the simh PDP10 (KS10) simulator since, according to Timothe Litt, besides his unfinished midnight project, there was never DECnet code delivered on the KS10 which could use it.

That explains a lot of my issues, then. ;)

> The arplst output suggests you're working with an IP stack here.

Yeah - it proves it can receive packets at least!

> Where does the code for this IP stack come from, and what context was it used under?

ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/pdp10/

I've only gotten arplist to work.

> If useful code exists, I'll be glad to put the DEUNA device back into the simh PDP10 simulator.

I have someone who will likely work on improving that stack.

> Please elaborate on a recipe which got you as far as the above functionality.

Copied IPTEST.EXE to SYS:, modified linker flags, adjusted the autoconfig
fields, configured vector and all that.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff