[HECnet] VAXstation 4000/60 parameter RAM?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:09:22 PDT 2015

On 28/08/2015 14:42, Hans Vlems wrote:
> Yup, that's what my memory thought it was. I've learned to mistrust my own memory s‎ubsystem somewhat....
> Anyway, SETTIME set to 1 makes VMS behave like standalone backup: it asks for the date and (optionally) time.
> Hans

OpenVMS 7.3 appears to save the time when you shut it down and resume
from that time when you boot it up. When I started mine it was still on
August 2014. Like a fool I set the time correctly (and invalidated all
my licenses).

I just booted it up again and it thinks it's 8:49pm last night. Which is
when I shut it down yesterday.

--

Mark @ DECtec.info
twitter.com/DECtecInfo