[HECnet] VAXstation 4000/60 parameter RAM?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Aug 27 14:12:09 PDT 2015

Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com> writes:

>Hello!
>Mark, Jordi is right, the original part number isn't made anymore,
>worse luck, but MAXIM does make a drop in replacement as he shown.
>
>They are designed to have a (approximately) five year life time, so
>when did you last use your rig? You're what, based in the UK? Farnell
>is your best bet there.

FYI, if you Google the TOY clock chip, you will find some links to hacking
the battery in the chip.  However, I've found it just much easier to order
up the drop in replacement.

Happily, most Alpha and Itanium have replaceable batterys for the TOY and
NVRAM.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG