[HECnet] VAXstation 4000/60 parameter RAM?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Fri Aug 28 10:17:50 PDT 2015

Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> writes:

>On 28/08/2015 14:42, Hans Vlems wrote:
>> Yup, that's what my memory thought it was. I've learned to mistrust my =
>own memory s=E2=80=8Eubsystem somewhat....
>> Anyway, SETTIME set to 1 makes VMS behave like standalone backup: it as=
>ks for the date and (optionally) time.
>> Hans
>
>OpenVMS 7.3 appears to save the time when you shut it down and resume=20
>from that time when you boot it up. When I started mine it was still on=20
>August 2014. Like a fool I set the time correctly (and invalidated all=20
>my licenses).
>
>I just booted it up again and it thinks it's 8:49pm last night. Which is=20
>when I shut it down yesterday.

You could always edit SYS$SYSTEM:STARTUP.COM and put:

$ SET TIME="17-NOV-1858"

in it!  Your PAKs will not be expired! :)

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG