[HECnet] VAXstation 4000/60 parameter RAM?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Fri Aug 28 05:00:55 PDT 2015

Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> writes:

>On 27/08/2015 22:58, Hans Vlems wrote:
>> I didn't bother with the replacement units. It's far cheaper to write d=
>own the boot parameters
>
>In my case that's pretty easy, just Language 4 and hit the interrupt=20
>switch and boot DKA0, so it's no sweat really :)
>
>and set the Sysgen variable that forces vms to ask for the date and time.
>
>Do you have the details of that variable?

TIMEPROMPTWAIT

I believe that is is correct.  If not, drill down in SYSGEN help.

$ MCR SYSGEN HELP PARAMETER TIMEPROMPTWAIT

VMS will continue to prompt you for time if the TOY is non-functional.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG