[HECnet] SC-40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Feb 14 08:33:03 PST 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Peter Lothberg wrote:

Put the Panda20 monitor on it ans se if it boots.=20
Getting that on there will be a bit of a challenge however.

The MRC's Panda distribution that runs under the KLH-10 emulator,
configure a tape drive to write to file. Make yourself a completek
boot/distribution tape. Write it to you SCSI tape drive, Johnny had a
program. Put the drive on the SC-40 and tell ot to boot from the tape.

Does the permissions system implement any special locking requiring me to drop to mini-EXEC from tape to backup the PS?

SCSI tape is identified with a response to SCSI INQUIRY (or is it INQUIRE?) correct? Does the NSP implement a command to list the devices on a specific SCSI channel?   I THINK I boot from tape by setting source to the tape drive?

I would do this with a copy of your boot-disk, as I don't remember how
the console processor file-system got there.. Think it's simular to
how it's done on a KS2020. (A file with the FE system and a pointer in
the home-block).

Yeah, obviously I'll be making a copy. ;)

-P

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff