[HECnet] SC-40

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Fri Feb 13 22:43:40 PST 2015

Interesting that it's brought out to RJ45 connectors though!
I thought copper FDDI was a mini-DIN? Was that a Cisco-specific
implementation?

The DIN connector is to control the bypass. CDDI is a RJ45 connector.

(And 100M ended up using a very simular line encoding)

The DFxxx are KL10 cpu diagnostics, BIN are code for the chanel-cpu's
Glad I have diagnostics at least, if they are just KL10 diags there should
be a DEC reference of what diag = what.

Yes; xxKAA is the basic instruction test for a PDP10, DBKAA for
example runs on a KI10...

In you directory there is no operating system, it can still be on the
the disk in the OS file-system, but you need to teach the boot to look
at that drive..

Good thing EDDT works!
...no idea how to break back to NSP though...or anything about the
bootloader.

Control \

Do you have more than 1 drive?
No, my disk bays were empty.

Disk bay? Take another picture, please.

As those are just 512-byte-sector ones I believe you said...those are easy
enough to image.   I'd just need to give Gerry a ring so I can swing by
with a VAX or something that'll accept a SCSI drive.

Does the microcode/boot drive operate as a MASSBUS emulator, or is it also
SCSI brought out directly? (That one would POSSIBLY be documented
though...unlike the other stuff. So TOPS-20 could be made to work on
that)

Kindof... There are several operating modes, Standard T10, Standard
T20, 25 bit physical address T10, 30 Bit virtual adress Tops20.

Unless there is something special with the CS boxes, it will start off
pretending to be a normal KL10-B-E with masbuss..

Put the Panda20 monitor on it ans se if it boots.

Need to get a compatible tape drive so I can do anything real.

basically any SCSI tape works, a DLT, A DAT a 9trk....

-P