[HECnet] SC-40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Feb 13 22:20:37 PST 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Peter Lothberg wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ZmLpwhV.jpg

So you have a CDDI (fddi over copper) interface and 3 SCSI ports.

Interesting that it's brought out to RJ45 connectors though!

I thought copper FDDI was a mini-DIN? Was that a Cisco-specific implementation?

http://i.imgur.com/KYl73d8.jpg

BOOT40.EXE tell me about hung SCSI devices (Shocker, none plugged in).
BTSCFC Can't find any channels

Can't tell if I'm missing a drive the rest of the OS would be on.

I think that "boot40" tells it to boot from chan4/drive0.

That makes sense.

The DFxxx are KL10 cpu diagnostics, BIN are code for the chanel-cpu's

Glad I have diagnostics at least, if they are just KL10 diags there should be a DEC reference of what diag = what.

In you directory there is no operating system, it can still be on the
the disk in the OS file-system, but you need to teach the boot to look
at that drive..

Good thing EDDT works!
...no idea how to break back to NSP though...or anything about the bootloader.

Do you have more than 1 drive?

No, my disk bays were empty.

As those are just 512-byte-sector ones I believe you said...those are easy enough to image.   I'd just need to give Gerry a ring so I can swing by with a VAX or something that'll accept a SCSI drive.

Does the microcode/boot drive operate as a MASSBUS emulator, or is it also SCSI brought out directly? (That one would POSSIBLY be documented though...unlike the other stuff. So TOPS-20 could be made to work on that)

Need to get a compatible tape drive so I can do anything real.

-P

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff