[HECnet] SC-40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Feb 12 11:12:34 PST 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2015, at 14:09, Peter Lothberg <roll at Stupi.SE> wrote:

Should I grab the iron and change pin 1 to 7?

I suggest you find out what's wrong and fix it the way it's supposed
to be..

That'd require schematics ;)

Depending on config of the system chasseie ground and signal ground
might be isolated.

The only ground connected is shield ground. ;)

If there is a "klinik" (another DB25 port, or if it has DB25's for
user terminals (check if there is a board connected on the able)
measure from pin 7 to pin 7 in another connector.

Pin 7 is NCL on all the serial breakouts I have.

My guess is that someone has "fried" the console ground wire with
current, and you should be lucky more stuff is not dead. -:)

Possible ;)

-_P