[HECnet] SC-40

Peter Lothberg roll at Stupi.SE
Thu Feb 12 11:08:49 PST 2015

Should I grab the iron and change pin 1 to 7?

I suggest you find out what's wrong and fix it the way it's supposed
to be..

Depending on config of the system chasseie ground and signal ground
might be isolated.

If there is a "klinik" (another DB25 port, or if it has DB25's for
user terminals (check if there is a board connected on the able)
measure from pin 7 to pin 7 in another connector.

My guess is that someone has "fried" the console ground wire with
current, and you should be lucky more stuff is not dead. -:)

-_P