[HECnet] SOLAR:: Mirror status update

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Feb 7 16:48:15 PST 2015

Guys, I've finally finished downloading and extracting stuff I think will be a useful resource to HECnet users.

Altogether, there's almost 300 GB of stuff from various source on SOLAR::

As it currently stands, the default FAL directory on SOLAR:: contains:

Directory SOLAR::SYS$SPECIFIC:[DECNET]

FREEWARE.DIR		The Freeware CDs, both ISOs and extracted contents
INCOMING.DIR		Currently empty, feel free to add anything you feel like
VAXHAVENCDS.DIR		The VAXHAVEN CDs, both ISOs and extracted contents

I had to add another drive to the machine to hold the DECUSLIB mirror, so we also have:

Directory SOLAR::DKA100:[DECUSLIB]

DECUS.DIR		Extracted DECUSLIB stuff from www.decuslib.com
ZIPS.DIR;1                           The original ZIP files

These are all mostly accessible via HTTP at http://solar.sampsa.com/files/

There is also a really rudimentary search engine at http://proliant.sampsa.com/cgi-bin/solarfind/solarfind.py

sampsa