[HECnet] DCL Question - weird input problme

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Jan 26 11:53:55 PST 2015

To get the behavior you are expecting when invoked from a command file, the command immediately preceding the python invitation should be:
$ define/user sys$input sys$command
This is from 20+ year old memory, but that should be close....
- Mark
On 2015-01-26 20:41, Sampsa Laine wrote:
> So I've got this Python script which reads commands from stdin, basically in the form of <cmd> + <cr(lf?>
>
> When I run it standalone, it works fine, but when invoked from a COM file it acts as if stdin is nothing but CRLF's..
>
> Any ideas?

Are you sure it is not EOF?
When run from a command file, programs will get their input from the
command file, up to the next line starting with a dollar sign, which
would be the next DCL command. So I would assume you'd get an EOF in
your python program at that point.