[HECnet] Hecnet Peering

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jan 2 09:42:41 PST 2015

On 2015-01-02 17:32, Tim Sneddon wrote:
On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se
<mailto:bqt at softjar.se>> wrote:

      I just checked some more. I can reach BENDER:: (12,2), so based on
      that, HUB:: would appear to run correctly.
      (HUB:: is supposedly my next hop going to BENDER::)

      BENDER:: seems to be running Phase V (I suspect), as I can't really
      speak NICE to it, but PHONE worked fine.

You are correct, BENDER:: is Phase V.

Suspected as much. It works weirdly. :-)
Anyway - as an additional update to the OP. Looking at MIM, I now see that my next hop for BENDER:: is DIMMA::, so I would still not totally rule out possible issues with HUB::

      Not sure what the problem going to area 22 would be then...

Sometimes I have noticed dodgy routing.   For a while there was a node on
the network advertising bad routes to the 12 network.   I think it was a
Linux box doing it.   I never figured out what was doing it as by the
time I got home and started looking at it, everything seemed to work
just fine :-)

Hmm. The Linux DECnet have never been properly debugged or tested. Whenever it is involved, one needs to be ware...