[HECnet] Hecnet Peering

Tim Sneddon tim at sneddon.id.au
Fri Jan 2 08:52:13 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Steve Davidson <steve at davidson.net> wrote:
Tim,

What are the hardware/software requirements for these tunnels?

Hi Steve,

They are just Cisco (or DEC-branded Cisco) routers that are connected via a mesh of GRE tunnels.   The tunnels themselves only run DECnet over them (Phase IV, although OSI could be done).   I now use a Cisco 1841.   However, I previously used a DECbrouter 90T2a.   I know that others use various other models of Cisco routers 3000 and 7000 series, I believe.

Regards, Tim.

-Steve
Hollis, NH (US)

On Jan 2, 2015, at 11:34, Tim Sneddon <tim at sneddon.id.au> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:25 PM, Peter Lothberg <roll at stupi.se> wrote:
> Think that the config below wouldn=E2=80=99t work s the decent node-type =
> is routing-iv which is a L1 router?

My fault. If you talk to dimma in area 59 it should say;

decnet node-type area

Hi Peter,

I would love to get tunnels up and running to your part of the world.   We did talk about it about 6 months back, but nothing ever came of it.   Are you still interested?   My endpoint is  120.146.225.243.

Regards, Tim.