[HECnet] RSX question

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Sun Jul 19 20:33:14 PDT 2015

Dave,
    I think you are asking about a /PR:5 privileged task. In the
RSX11M documentation (not M+) get the manual:
 http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/rsx11/RSX11M_V4.1_Apr83/4_ProgramDevelopment/AA-L680B-TC_tkb_Apr83.pdf

then go to page 6-5 and specifically example 6-1. This task maps the
I/O page and also much of the RSX executive so that data structures in
RSX are available. Be careful with these tasks because if they hit an
error RSX crashes.There is also a /PR:4 task but the RSX executive
must be less than 16K and most are not.

Good Luck,
Mark