[HECnet] RSX question

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Jul 20 03:12:53 PDT 2015

On 2015-07-20 04:56, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Hey folks.  Can anyone tell me offhand how to map the I/O page into a
> task's address space under RSX-11M in Macro-11?

There are several ways. The easiest is to build the task privileged (/PR
to TKB). Such a task will be limited to 2 APRs (5 & 6), while APRs 0-4
are mapped to the kernel and APR 7 is the I/O page.

Another way is to switch to kernel mode in the task using SWST$. For
this, you still need to build the task privileged, but you can build it
without getting the limited address space mentioned above.

A third is to create a common region which is the I/O page, and then
task build against that common region, or else create a window to that
region at runtime, using CRRG$ and MAP$.

The common region way is documented in some manual, but I don't remember
offhand which one.