[HECnet] SG1 connectivity

Steve Davidson steve at davidson.net
Wed Mar 18 15:48:56 PDT 2015

I will look at SG1 this evening from my hotel room and see what is going on.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 18, 2015, at 14:00, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons <jg at jordi.guillaumes.name> wrote:

Hello,

I don't have Steve's email, so I'm asking this here.

I've lost again connectivity to SG1 via Multinet UDP link. Since I have been doing... funny things at my side, I have checked the situation a little bit and I've found SG1 is broadcasting ENDNODE Hello packets (which I get through Johnny's bridge):

514       15.000758       19.41       DECNET-Phase-IV-end-node-Hello-packets       DEC DNA       60       Routing control, Endnode Hello message

Now I'm a little bit lost. I think a node must be configured as an Area router to be able to route between two areas via the multinet link. Actually, SG1 is unreachable even thru Johnny's bridge, which probably means there is no area router configured for the area 19... I've tried to reach SG1 from MIM, and it is not reachable from there either, so (for one time) the problem won't be at my side ;)

Am I missing anything?