[HECnet] SG1 connectivity

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Wed Mar 18 14:00:08 PDT 2015

Hello,

I don't have Steve's email, so I'm asking this here.

I've lost again connectivity to SG1 via Multinet UDP link. Since I have been doing... funny things at my side, I have checked the situation a little bit and I've found SG1 is broadcasting ENDNODE Hello packets (which I get through Johnny's bridge):

514	15.000758	19.41	DECNET-Phase-IV-end-node-Hello-packets	DEC DNA	60	Routing control, Endnode Hello message

Now I'm a little bit lost. I think a node must be configured as an Area router to be able to route between two areas via the multinet link. Actually, SG1 is unreachable even thru Johnny's bridge, which probably means there is no area router configured for the area 19... I've tried to reach SG1 from MIM, and it is not reachable from there either, so (for one time) the problem won't be at my side ;)

Am I missing anything?