[HECnet] Config tool -- now CME

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Mar 11 07:34:10 PDT 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 11, 2015, at 09:51, Mark G Thomas <Mark at Misty.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:06:11AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Let me know when I should be able to reach it and I   ll re-push the config.

Which DSPs, the voice ones? I   m tempted to pick one of those up. I   ve got the VPN accelerators, but not the voice stuff.

Do you know CME at all? I started to get it setup but haven   t finished. Not entirely sure what to do. I have a copy of recent CME here I do believe. I   m running 15 on my 2851 though, so I might have different version needs than you.

-brian

I know CME and can give you a hand. I'll follow up with you directly.

Last I checked the newest CME you can run on a 28xx is cme-8.6 with
IOS 15.1(4)M, which is what myself and a handful of friends are using.

I found it convenient to make separate folders for each phone model
and so forth, so the router filesystem is less of a mess. I then found Cisco
was doing exactly that with their recent UC500 distros, so the UC520-8.6.2
files are both what you need, are sanely organized so your flash doesn't
end up being a horrible mess.

I'm liking CME for managing all the phones, but with an Asterisk server
for more elaborate call processing rules, voicemail, and functionality
which might be harder in CME.

A friend of mine is using it as a bridge to a metaswitch.

CME does SIP to the Meta, SCCP to phones.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE