[HECnet] Config tool -- now CME

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Mar 11 06:51:05 PDT 2015

Hi Brian,

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:06:11AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
Let me know when I should be able to reach it and I   ll re-push the config.

Which DSPs, the voice ones? I   m tempted to pick one of those up. I   ve got the VPN accelerators, but not the voice stuff.

Do you know CME at all? I started to get it setup but haven   t finished. Not entirely sure what to do. I have a copy of recent CME here I do believe. I   m running 15 on my 2851 though, so I might have different version needs than you.

-brian

I know CME and can give you a hand. I'll follow up with you directly.

Last I checked the newest CME you can run on a 28xx is cme-8.6 with
IOS 15.1(4)M, which is what myself and a handful of friends are using.

I found it convenient to make separate folders for each phone model
and so forth, so the router filesystem is less of a mess. I then found Cisco
was doing exactly that with their recent UC500 distros, so the UC520-8.6.2
files are both what you need, are sanely organized so your flash doesn't
end up being a horrible mess.

I'm liking CME for managing all the phones, but with an Asterisk server
for more elaborate call processing rules, voicemail, and functionality
which might be harder in CME.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE