[HECnet] Recommendation on replacement Dallas DS1287A

Michael Holmes mholmes10 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:37:28 PST 2015

Gurus,

I'm looking for your advice.

My DEC 3000 gave me a POST NVR error and after trying all the steps to fix it (reseating boards, memory, etc...) it looks like the RTC (DALLAS DS12871A) has died.

Searching on line I found some places marketing a replacement for DS1287 for old PC's but not sure if any would work for DEC given it had an A at the end in the model number (different pins etc...)

Given that this sounds like a common problem on early VAXen, I was wondering if of you have some recommendations on a good source to purchase a replacement RTC that will work with DEC equipment.

Thanks much!

Mike