[HECnet] New IP for LEGATO

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Fri Oct 2 06:18:27 PDT 2015

>multinet set/decnet/remote=64.142.52.93 /device=tcpc0:/connect/tcp=listen

  This just occurred to me - you know what it is??  Since it's TCP and your
end is passive (i.e. "listen") then LEGATO is initiating the connection.
Your end doesn't care what my IP is.  For UDP, both ends would need to know
the correct IP of the other end.

  Hmm... I didn't realize that would happen, but it's good to know.

  It might actually work if you don't specify /REMOTE at all - if you're
ambitious, you could try and see.  In any case, that old IP is wrong and you
should change it somehow.

Bob