[HECnet] LEGATO?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Mon Oct 12 05:38:57 PDT 2015

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015, Robert Armstrong wrote:

>  It's exactly as you said.  The problem is that my new ISP blocks out going
> port 25 connections, so Multinet can't deliver outgoing SMTP mail.  The ISP
> has a mail relay that I could use, but it only accepts SSL/TLS authenticated
> connections.  Multinet SMTP doesn't do either.

If you're into getting this working, I use a company out of Canada called
EasyDNS for this very reason - they can receive mail on your behalf and
then turn around and deliver it to a host and port of your choosing - for
instance my ISP blocks 25 outbound AND inbound, thus my mail server
listens on port 10025.  EasyDNS is my primary MX which then turns around
and delivers to my host port 10025.

Not free, but also inexpensive for what it provides - I use it because
without it, no mail for misernet.

However, to send mail it still seems that Multinet would need to support
SMTP authentication.  Nothing a little raspberry pi couldn't handle ... ;)

Email me off list if you are interested.

Fred