[HECnet] LEGATO?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Oct 12 06:35:10 PDT 2015

>Nothing a little raspberry pi couldn't handle ... ;)

  As it happens, I already have an Ubuntu server here that, among other
things, runs exim4 and serves as a mail forwarder for all the other machines
in the house.  It handles the TLS connection with my ISP's forwarder.

  Why not just make the VAX forward to that machine?  'cause LEGATO isn't a
real machine anymore - it's just a simh emulation, and one of the "among
other things" this server does is to run that simulation.  A limitation of
the simh Ethernet implementation is that it can't talk to itself, so the
TCP/IP on the simulated VAX can't talk to the host it's running on.

Bob