[HECnet] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Wed Oct 21 08:55:15 PDT 2015

Johnny,
   Thanks for the PCL tasks! I've been wanting to experiment with more of the BQTCP/IP products but work keeps me traveling and I don't have a lot of time for the fun stuff.

   Also, thanks for the advice on converting the .TPC tape to .TAP. I don't have physical tape on the 11/83 but use VCP on a SCSI2SD RA92 for virtual tape and use your ftp to move the .DSK and .TAP files. What I missed on VCP was that there is a COPY command, until I started taking a closer look at the release notes. Thank you for the pointer!!

Best Regards,
Mark

On Oct 21, 2015, at 8:59 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Hi, Mark.
>
> Just cut a version where I now include PCL.TSK and PCLRES.TSK. (I have a bit of misnomer, as the ...RES.TSK files are actually using supervisor mode libraries. However, the task without RES at the end also use supervisor mode libraries, but that one only uses libraries that exist on all systems, so it should be usable by everyone.
> PCLRES.TSK, as an example, on the other hand requires both the RMSRES supervisory library, and the PDP-11 C supervisor mode library installed.
>
> 	Johnny
>
> On 2015-10-21 04:48, Mark Matlock wrote:
>> Johnny,
>>      Again thanks for your efforts on BQTCP/IP.!!!
>>
>>       I do have one minor request. Could you supply a compiled task image for PCL?
>>  I've been try to install PDP-11C on my 11/83 but the only .TPC tape that is not corrupted is V1.1 and although I have installed it on Simh, my 11/83 needs a .tap tape not .tpc and I have been trying to convert with TPC, but I don't have it done yet.
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards,
>> Mark
>>
>>> On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:08 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>>>
>>> About four months since I last announced anything. There have been various development since, and I figured I should encourage people who are using BQTCP/IP for RSX to upgrade to the latest release.
>>>
>>> A short list of changes:
>>>
>>> TCP:
>>> . Small bugfixes in various states.
>>> . Bugfix in window handling. TCP reception could occasionally accept data outside of window.
>>> . Added ability to dynamically change transmit and receive buffer size.
>>> . Bugfix. SYN packets could result in lost pool if sockets were closed with outstanding SYN packets queued.
>>> . Bugfix. If pool is full, system could crash on incoming connections.
>>>
>>> FTP:
>>> . Added SUMMARY, PROMPT, MGET and MPUT commands.
>>> . Improved filename parsing and handling for mapping between local and remote filenames.
>>> . Bugfix. FTP would abort if a long file transfer took place, since the command channel had a timeout.
>>> . Much improved progress line for file transfers, including ETA and delta between updates.
>>>
>>> FTPD:
>>> . Bugfix. If a file transfer was followed by an immediate close of the connection, the file could be left in a locked state.
>>> . Expanded time stamp information in directory listings to include seconds.
>>>
>>> TELNET:
>>> . Bugfix in telnet options processing.
>>>
>>> TELNETD:
>>> . Bugfix in telnet options processing.
>>>
>>> IFCONFIG:
>>> . Added commands for setting default and maximum allowed tcp transmit and receive buffer sizes.
>>>
>>> RMD:
>>> . Added information on task page about UDP connections.
>>>
>>> TRACERT:
>>> . Added /NUMERIC switch
>>>
>>> As usual, the distribution is available from:
> [...]
>>> ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.tap