[HECnet] HECnet .HLP library for OpenVMS

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:34:10 PDT 2015

On 08/09/2015 00:57, Sampsa Laine wrote:
> Yeah, that should be doable.
>
> Doesn't even need to be a database, just an agreed markup structure and files..
>
> Then just convert them to whatever format you want.

Using flat files makes it less easy to search and query the data, and
also potentially makes the data structure less flexible for future
applications, but it is easier to host and transport. Kind of. But
please, no XML. It makes my ears bleed.

I'd love to do a Python/Django/PostgreSQL project with a set of output
scripts but I have no Django-friendly hosting that could be reliably
internet-facing available (only LAMP and frankly I'm starting to dislike
PHP more and more). A

I tried goofing with MediaWiki a while back but found it to be... well
not to my taste. It's a useful tool but it's not the right one for this
IMHO, I think outputting Wiki data to files for various OSs might be a
bit of a bear.

--

Mark @ DECtec.info
twitter.com/DECtecInfo