[HECnet] Error when copying node names

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Aug 30 02:09:18 PDT 2016

Hi.

On 2016-08-30 11:01, Mark Wickens wrote:
> I booted the non-emulated ORAC today, which hasn't been running for a
> while, so decided to update the node database from the 'master' on MIM.
>
> I got an interesting error when doing so:
>
> RAC$$ mcr ncp
> NCP>copy known nodes from mim to both
> %NCP-W-INVPVA, Invalid parameter value , Address
>

> NODE  6.52   NAME JALAD
>

> %NCP-W-INVPVA, Invalid parameter value , Address
> Remote node =   6.52 (PIVAX2)
>
> NODE  6.52   NAME JALAD

Looks like you have a definition for 6.52 as PIVAX2, while on MIM, it's
now JALAD. Not sure how well NCP on VMS deals with a node that change
name. Might also be that you have a JALAD already, at some other
address. Cleaning up your local nodename database first, and then copy
should solve it, I suspect...

(Yes, people sometimes contact me with changes that redefine existing
nodes.)