[HECnet] VMS, linux and Hec/DEC net

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 10 15:44:21 PST 2016

  Unfortunately, DECnet for Linux is no longer maintained, as of maybe a
year ago.  It still mostly works, but you'd be better off setting up an
earlier release of Linux to run it on.  I believe the DECnet stack
itself has stopped working due to kernel interface changes in the past
year or so.  LAT, however, still works great.

  It'd be wonderful if someone were to pick it up and maintain it.  It'd
take some hacking, but not much...it has only been out of sync with the
kernel for maybe a year.  I don't have time to do it, but I'd put up a
few bucks for someone to pick it up.

              -Dave