[HECnet] DECNET for RT-11?

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:37:54 PST 2016

Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2016-02-22 17:10, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>>
>>> it requires a DMR-11 or DMC-11
>>
>>    What about async DDCMP with a run-of-the-mill DL11?
>>
>>    I too would like a copy - I've got a real 11/04 that would love to
>> run
>> it...
>
> I'm not entirely sure, and I also can't remember where I read it, but
> I seem to remember something about asynch. DDCMP only being available
> on RSX and VMS. The other systems only supported synch. DDCMP. But
> like I said, I could be very wrong on this one...
>
>     Johnny

I do remember async DECnet on RT11... It ran against DEC's Easynet in 1986.
It was also implemented under MS-DOS on the Rainbow at about that time.
My buddy in Software Support was involved in the MS-DOS testing.

Bill

--
Digital had it then.  Don't you wish you could buy it now!
pechter-at-gmail.com  http://xkcd.com/705/