[HECnet] DECnet over IP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Jan 20 07:13:27 PST 2016

On 2016-01-20 16:09, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>> passive TCP connections, are they all sharing the same port number,
>> or do you configure each with a different number?
>
>    Active TCP connections and UDP can both share the same port - there's no conflict there.

Yes. Different domains.

>    A single passive TCP connection can share the same port with active TCP and UDP connections.
>
>    But if you have more than one passive TCP connection, you'll have to assign all the others to unique port numbers.  There's a /PORT= option to the MULTINET SET/DECNET command to do just that.

Not sure how you meant the two lines above to be read. How could a
passive connection use the same port as a passive one? That would cause
just as much conflict as if you have several passive ones.

However, thanks for the details. Seems like Multinet do not share the
passive port between connections then. Same as my current code. So maybe
I'll just leave it as it is for now then.