[HECnet] Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 28 14:27:01 PST 2016

Sorry for making a new announcement so close after the previous one, and
the changes are not so great, but I think they are important enough to
send this out right away.

The only thing this release addresses is DECnet over IP:
. First of all, you can now also run DECnet over IP using TCP.

The DECnet over IP implementation have been tested a lot in the last few
days, and some things in the VMS Multinet protocol was not so well
understood by me, and the code did not work very reliably against VMS
for that reason. With the help of Bob Armstrong I've rewritten this code
now, to behave more like VMS does, and my initial testing indicates that
it now works the way it should.

So I'd recommend anyone who is using this feature to upgrade to the
latest version right away.

As usual, the distribution is available from:
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.dsk
ftp://mim.update.uu.se/bqtcp.tap
ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/rsx/tcpip/tcpip.dsk

The documentation is also available through ftp on Mim, or also at
http://mim.update.uu.se/tcpipdoc

Note! I've realized that BQTCP/IP do not work right if you have a
PDP-11/74 with multiple processors online. I'll fix that at some point,
as it's probably just a case of affinity not being set on devices, nor
relevant processes. This might only be a problem with telnet in fact. I
know for sure that the IP and TCP drivers works ok in multiprocessor
systems.