[HECnet] Sun LSA 800 compatible with DEC 3000

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 00:17:21 PDT 2016

Mike,

According to this page
http://www.shrubbery.net/~heas/sun-feh-2_1/Devices/Monitor/MONITOR_LCD_18_Color.html
the monitor will do 1280x1024x60 which is the standard output of video
cards on DEC 3000 models - although I would need to know the particular
card you are using to be sure.

I've found a few monitors to be compatible with the DEC 3000 so I think you
are likely to be in luck, although sync-on-green is definitely a
requirement. Depending on your video card you may need an adapter cable -
the 3W3 connector breaks out to RGB which can then be fed into a VGA
connector using a cable such as
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-4-BNC-Cable-HD15-Male-to-4-x-BNC-Male-Video-Monitor-Lead-2M-/111402258315?hash=item19f0178f8b:g:4S8AAOSwh6xTuorQ
although clearly the less interconnects the better.

I was quite surprised to find that 3W3 connectors are still readily
available and cheap so you could make your own cable up.

Regards, Mark.