[HECnet] 108.31.82.9/QCOCAL

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Mon Jun 20 09:19:08 PDT 2016

  ___     _     _  _  __   __    _     _      _  _   ___   _____
 / __|   /_\   | \| | \ \ / /   /_\   | |    | \| | | __| |_   _|
 \__ \  / _ \  | .` |  \ V /   / _ \  | |__  | .` | | _|    | |
 |___/ /_/_\_\_|_|\_|   |_|   /_/ \_\ |____| |_|\_| |___|_  |_|

You've allowed this node on HECnet, so I assume somebody on this list knows
who runs it.  Please have it secured!  It has been used in the past several
days to try and break into my system(s).  It is highly irresponsible to put
access credentials into its SYS$ANNOUNCE allowing ANYBODY access to DCL and
other utilities that can affect systems on the internet.  A reasonable way
to allow access would be to have a guest account (restricted/captive) that
can be used to create other login accounts.  Validate such accounts with a
valid email address and other schemes that will insure that whomever is on
this system can be vetted in some fashion.

THANK YOU!

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker    VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG