[HECnet] VMS 5.4 backup

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sun May 29 01:50:02 PDT 2016

With tapes you'd better get the data off the media and to a disk.
First off, clean the tape heads!
- try a straight forward copy: this may fail for several reasons depending on what tape you have.
- use backup to perform the copy
 $ backup mua0:*.* ‎dua4:[savesets]/log
Should that fail, try to mount the tape foreign and use copy. If VMS complains then SET RMS may be useful.
Good luck

Verzonden vanaf mijn BlackBerry 10-smartphone.
  Origineel bericht