[HECnet] DCL Practice - Yet another HECNET Node Status Script

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Sun Nov 27 16:42:43 PST 2016

Hi,

I have been working on and off on a DCL script to dump HECnet node
statuses into HTML files (just as a way to brush up DCL skills). Many of
you have done this in the past, it is a fun thing to do.

Unfortunately I did not realize the resulting floods of log entries on
your systems may not be appropriate. Please let me know if it is not
acceptable to run my script once a week moving forward.

FYI - the script as of now is at
https://gist.github.com/tuklusan/4666755385686ebaeb4eb1aa0e9f4a5c, and
the results are at
http://sanyalnet-openvms-vax.freeddns.org:82/falserver/hecnet-status.html

Thank you for keeping the DECnet fire burning. Best wishes for the
festive season.

- Supratim
QCOCAL::SANYAL