[HECnet] HECnet mail gateway...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Apr 10 05:23:26 PDT 2017

Hmm. I tested as well, and I did get the original mail back. Strange if that failed. I did improve the logging to get the full error now though.

That said - congratulations. You just found out that google is violating rfc 5321. And the really funny part is that their error message says that the source address is violating rfc 5321. What rfc 5321 actually says is that only the host is allowed to have opinions about the user part of a mail address, and so google have no busines trying to parse and check that part.

Time to write a mail to postmaster at google, but I suspect we will be ignored.

For now, I think there is nothing more I can do. :-(

  Johnny

tony at blews.co.uk skrev: (10 april 2017 12:25:47 CEST)

--
Skickat från min Android-enhet med K-9 Mail. Ursäkta min fåordighet.