[HECnet] [offline] a future visit to your museum

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 25 22:33:26 PST 2018

On 01/25/2018 07:27 PM, Supratim Sanyal wrote:
> Obviously, living in Germantown, MD, I am rearing to drive up - but am
> trying to get my ex-boss here too - he lives in Singapore but visits his
> daughter in Princeton.

  Very cool.  Amusingly, I grew up near Princeton and used to work at
the university, a long time ago.

  And I used to live in MD...I've lived in Greenbelt, then Silver
Spring, and then Laurel.

  It seems we have some common paths. :)

> I worked for Digital in my home country of India and traveled around
> South Asia fixing various industrial process control type installations
> over 1994 - 1996. QCOCAL - my SIMH node on HECnet, was a real node on
> Easynet in Calcutta. Used to be in the "SI" (systems integration) group.
> My boss had been there much longer. I bailed just before Bob Palmer sold
> it to Compaq and went to work in Tokyo.

  Neat!!

> Will pester you for an appointment some day. I am sure you have
> fascinating stories to tell, going back to phone hacking.

  I'd love for you to visit!  Let me know when you can make it.  We will
have a lot of fun.

> Thanks for what you are doing!

  You are very welcome!