[HECnet] Thrashing about...

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 09:50:58 PDT 2018

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:10 PM, Hans Vlems <hvlems at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>
> IIRC there was a port of an early Burroughs Algol compiler for RT11.

Very loosely speaking.  You're referring to DECUS ALGOL, by Barry Folsom and Greg Hosler.  It implements a language that resembles Burroughs Extended Algol, and the output is a pseudo-machine binary that could be described as a 16-bit version of the Burroughs mainframe instruction set.  But I don't see any evidence that it was actually based on any Burroughs code.

I have the RSTS port of that thing (by Terry Grieb and myself); I haven't found the RT version, at least not the runtime library.

	paul