[HECnet] Thrashing about...

Keith Halewood Keith.Halewood at pitbulluk.org
Tue Jul 17 12:25:35 PDT 2018

Yes I did see it. It was the starting point for trying to contact Altran. I also note that the version of Algol68RS that is part of Ella (translating to C) does not include formatted transput. In looking through some of the code generated, it seems not as efficient managing the heap as the VMS version was.

Part of the request for the VMS version is because the runtime support was pretty good and even the VMS debugger was ok with it.

If I have to implement anything myself, the danger is I’ll do something criminal like start developing Algol68.NET ☺

Keith