[HECnet] Connections?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed May 2 12:22:36 PDT 2018

The idea is to expand the cisco tunnel configuration management tool I
wrote to support multinet and the bridge.

Wherever there are endpoints (bridge, multinet) there would be an agent
that manages the config driven by a centralized system.

I was going to re-write the cisco tunnel one anyway, so figured why not
expand if people were interested.

The nice part about this is the people who manage the "hubs" wouldn't have
to do anything. It would all be user self service driven.

With the cisco tunnel thing I can just use SNMP to push config fragments
onto the routers. WIth the bridge and multinet that's not an option, so a
locally running agent would take up that work.

Why you ask? I automate things for a living. It's what I enjoy doing. :)

-brian