[HECnet] Connections?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed May 2 13:09:07 PDT 2018

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 8:52 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
> However, for the US, it would be nice if we could identify a location on each coast, which have a capable system, and normally is always online, and which have a good bandwidth, and would be willing to setup connections to new machines that want to come online.
>
> So, are there any takers? I'll continue to be the first point of contact when people come asking, but I'd be happy if I could redirect them to the appropriate person once we have figured out a few basic details.
> And then these two persons can work on establishing the actual link.

I’m not quite ready, but I’m headed in the direction of being able to do this, and I’m on a 50Mbit commercial line.  Today PDXVAX is a VAXstation 4000/60.  I’ve been planning to migrate it to SIMH running on a RPi3+.  Once it is migrated, I can keep it online during the summer (which I can’t today).  I just need to figure out how I want to image the drive.  I run your bridge on my Firewall, and I have MultiNet running on PDXVAX, but I don’t think the Multinet link is active anymore.

My primary issue is finding time to work on this.  I’m still trying to get my primary VMS system migrated to a SIMH cluster (since the primary is a Compaq XP1000/667, not everything can move).

Zane