[HECnet] Multinet connection in UK

Hans Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sun Nov 4 04:05:47 PST 2018

As a content user of the bridge program (easy to configure, low maintenance) I’ve never paid too much attention to other mechanisms.  But Johnny’s remark on reliability got me thinking.
So what are my options? I run VMS and its native TCPIP stack. It’s not everyone’s choice but it does what I need. I’d rather not use Multinet because of the learning curve.
Is DECnet phase 5 an option? If so, is there a how-to-make-it-work-guide for it?
Hans

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone