[HECnet] TME Emulator build instructions

Mark Abene phiber at phiber.com
Mon Nov 5 15:10:49 PST 2018

That was me. I can post my instructions again, but I haven't tried running
tme anywhere except in its own directory, since it has a lot of components
that it expects to find in specific places. I suppose you can try using
"/usr/local" instead of $HOME in my instructions for prefix and the library
path, but I haven't tested that. Here are my original instructions:

Make sure you have the gtk-2.0 and glib2.0 dev packages installed. Then...
mkdir $HOME/tme
cd $HOME/tme
tar -zxvf your_download_dir/tme-0.8.tar.gz
cd tme-0.8
vi libtme/module.c (comment out line 93 "LTDL_SET_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS();",
it's no longer needed) and save.
./configure --prefix=$HOME/tme --disable-warnings 'LIBS=-lglib-2.0
-lgtk-x11-2.0 -lX11'
export LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/tme/lib (or "setenv LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH
$HOME/tme/lib" for csh/tcsh)
make
make install

If you get any errors related to ieee754 (the Makefile does some things out
of order that ultimately should be corrected...), do this:
cd $HOME/tme/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754
make install
cd ../..
make install